1C room temp. water
1C Glue ( regular school glue- 1C=two bottles)
1 1/3 C warm water
4T Borax (powdered-found with the laundry soap)
Mix the first three ingredients in a bowl, then the second ingredients in a separate bowl. Slowly pour glue mix into 2nd bowl but do not mix together. Roll glue mix around in Borax solution 4 or 5 times then life glue mix out of Borax solution and knead for 2-3 minutes. There will be Borax solution left over--you do not need to try to soak it all up with the glue mix.
That's it. You have goo! I woudln't say that it's non-toxic--doesn't SMELL non-toxic anyway. Don't eat it. This goo is akin to those containers of stuff you get out of the 50 cent "gumball" machines at Chuckie Cheese etc. Hours of fun. Don't let it get on the carpet! :-)