Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day


Happy Earth Day! I just heard that my fair city of Des Moines (That's in Iowa folks) is voted as one of the cities to have the cleanest drinking water in the country. Whoo hoo!
I feel good about the fact that I have been recycling household containers/paper etc. for at least 18 years! Though really, I've been doing other forms of "recyling" my whole life. (hand-me-down clothes and art from found objects count!)
Anyway, I don't have a whole lot of time this morning, I have to get ready to go to the ZOO with my son Owen's kindergarten class. What a good way to spend Earth Day huh? Afterwards I think I'll go downtown and pick up some garbage. :-)
I'll leave you with some recyclable "art" that Quentin (he's 7) made. He even cleaned up his mess afterwards How sweet!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is a great thing to have good water to drink! We really loved the Pimp my Aardvark your son made! My 10yr old daughter wanted to do it too. Very fun, and funny too.